Tuesday, January 25, 2005

NLII -- Part II

OK, so now the NLII is going to become the ELI -- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative. I like it in that it seems less initially confusing than the NLII title. But I also like it in that it focuses our attention on the students, which it is easy to forget in the midst of attempts to build up one's "tech infrastructure".

As important as the focus on students is however (and I do believe that's key), I guess I'm also interested in them addressing issues of barriers to faculty involvement. For example, untenured faculty members may be more concerned about making technological pedagogy more valued in the eyes of tenure committees.

1 comment:

W Brown said...

I use blogs in my classroom at the high school level. I require students who work in cooperate groups create a google account for document sharing, and file swapping